Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On a Journey

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to share this project for you.  I had to take a break from making cards. :)

I am submitting this project to the following challenges:

Lessology #11 Flight of Fantasy: Projects that incorporate flights in a creative way: my butterflies


Simon Says Stamp and Show: London, Paris or New York-Take your Pick! I couldn't choose just one city-so I did all 3! :)

Scrapbookers Anonymous: A-Z Challenge the Letter G  I used Glitz Paper Layers and a gold heart near the top, and gold ribbon.

Here's my project...Scroll down and I'll show you some close ups and some highlights!


Here is New York and Paris.  There's me in the key hole (Tim Holtz).


We leave Paris and go to London--the London Bridge.  The Journey awakens the Soul is a Tim Holtz stamp-one of my faves!


Here's my main butterfly-flying :)  The butterfly is attached to a wire that is connected through the cardboard.


There's my little butterfly again!


Here is my creation hanging on the wall.


Alright here's what I did.  That white cardboard piece is a flap from a diaper box.  (I cut off the other 3 flaps for future projects).  Then I wrapped it in this wrapping paper from one of my Valentine's day gifts.  However, I flipped it over to use just the plain brown kraft side.  I tried stapling it, but the staples came through to the front of the cardboard, so I took them out and got out the tape.  It was like wrapping a very thing present, but hey-it worked!


Using my crop-o-dile I made a hole.


Then another.  I used an embossing stylus, like the handle part, to make the holes a little bigger.  I wasn't sure how many ribbons I was going to use.


Then I dry painted it with white acrylic paint.


Here's me planning out what I wanted to use.  The Statue of Liberty is from Paper Studios, Paris is from Hero Arts, and somewhere is the London Bridge from Fiskars.  Journey stamp is from Tim Holtz.


Anytime I have to get out the Big Bite---it's gonna be a good day!


Here is a scrap that I thought would look good with the bridge.  It gives it a post card feel.


Here's the close up.  You can also see the papers I used.  I used butterflies because of the fantasies of flight them and the other paper has French writing on it.


The papers are from Glitz and they are thinner papers like decoupage.  I really like them because they were perfect for this project!


Here is my project again...  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...book that flight!  All who wander are not lost....  ;)  I just really wanted to say that :)






15 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow! What a fabulous project! Love the fabulous elements you used...and your pic in the keyhole! Great job on the upcycling!

Thanks for joining us at LESSology Katy! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful. This makes me want to get on a plane and explore the world.
Hugs
Desire

Candy C said...

Hi Katy! Your wall hanging is really pretty. I love your Glitz papers you collaged on the background. I'm seeing a lot of that Hero Arts Paris stamp and I love it! I also really like your Statue of Liberty and your Tower Bridge! All three destinations on one wall hanging! Your Tim sentiment is perfect for your wall hanging! Love the butterfly and the keyhole, too! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome wall hanging!!!! I love project that you can use as decor! Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Lynne Forsythe said...

TOOOOOO CUTE...love the pict of you peeking out of the key hole!!

THANKS BUNCHES for playin' along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Angi Barrs said...

This is so clever and crafty. Love how you put a picture of yourself in the key hole. Thank you for playing with us at LESSology.

Carly said...

Wow, such a neat project!

Lisa Lara said...

What a cool collage Katy. Thank you for joining our BEHIND THE ALLEY BLOG HOP.

Anne Pennington said...

This is AWESOME! Loving the whole piece!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!!

Unknown said...

Great use of all your elements and that key hole with your picture is the perfect touch! Love this! So glad to see you play at the LESSology challenge..fantastic!
Jen

Theresa said...

THis is awesome. Love the pic of you in the keyhole..so cool. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Lynnda said...

Such a fun Projects!!!...Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!...Hugs...xoxo

Eli said...

Great, Gorgeous project!
(;
Eli (Scrapbookers Anonymous)

Dora said...

What a great project!
thanks for playing!

Shubhra said...

Awesome recycling Katy, looking forward to explore more of your posts !

Over from Sonia's blog

Hugs
Shubhra
http://kraftography.blogspot.in/